Since I have gone Paleo, my children have not been happy about the absence of bread from our household; especially the missing tooth child pictured above. She is not thrilled with the idea of bringing a chicken leg for lunch. She has a field trip tomorrow and is begging me to make a sandwich for her sack lunch. So today this mama got in the kitchen and made a Paleo friendly bread. It is super easy to make. I modified the original recipe and it was a total hit with the younger three. Let us hope their older sister shares the same sentiments. This recipe is not Whole30 approved because they discourage you from making any Paleo version of all off limits food; bread being one of them. For those doing the Whole30, I will post more approved recipes this week to make up for it. Deal? Ok! Glad we are friends again. Now for the recipe.
Simple Paleo Plantain Bread
- 1 green plantain
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- I also added some black pepper and dried herb seasoning
Be adventurous and experiment with different seasonings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel plantain and cut into medium size pieces
- Place plantain in blender or food processor
- Add eggs.
- Blend until the mixture is creamy.
- Add mixture to a greased pan.
- Bake bread for 20 minutes.
I must add that this is more like a flat bread, but it is still yummy!