I must confess that I was pretty disappointed when I first started blogging and I did not accumulate a large following (and for the record, I still don’t have one). I would put links to my blog posts on Facebook and other social media sites and would feel so bummed that only a few, if any hit the like button or leave a comment. But after much
whining talking to my husband about my disappointment, he reminded me not to get caught up in the numbers or lack thereof. I was to remain focused on why I started to blog…to share Jesus. He reminded me that if I only reach one then my blog is a success. Great advice, so I have been typing away, sharing my heart and aiming not to focus on the numbers.
Needless to say that I was pretty excited when I found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award. In short this award allows your blog to get more exposure and then gives you a chance to share other blogs with your readers. I had never heard of this, but who doesn’t like to win an award? A big thank you to Tanya at Williamstand for nominating me. Her transparency and love for Christ is refreshing and has blessed me. Be sure to check out her blog.
To accept this award I was asked to include 11 random facts about myself, which you can read here.
I was also asked to answer the below questions.
- What activity do you do that makes you forget time and space?
A great conversation with a person who lives life with an undeniable passion!
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
Sound of Music!
- Do you dance in public when you hear your favorite song?
Absolutely! I even sing along (off tune of course).
- Whose music are you listening to right now?
Good Good Father by HOUSEFIRES II
- When Jesus called, did he say your name?
What a great question! No He did not, I just felt His loving embrace and the weight I was carrying for such a long time lift. I cried in a way that I had never cried before. Hands down the most defining moment in my life.
- What 3 things make you happiest?
Spending quality time with those I love (Jesus, family and great friends).
Really good food
Accomplishing a longstanding goal
- Have you ever visited Jamaica?
Yes, as a matter of fact I was born there (York District in the parish of St. Thomas). I moved to the United States when I was eight years old.
- What is the best writing tip you have ever received?
Write from your heart, edit later if necessary.
- If you knew blogging would be this hard, would you still do it?
Absolutely! Writing is such a great outlet for me.
- Are you ridiculously happy?
Most that know me say yes. I have many reasons to be and if you hang around long enough I will be sure to tell you!
I was also asked to nominate other bloggers with a small following. The following blogs have proven to be a blessing to me. Be sure to check them out when you have a chance.
http://www.kendrabroekhuis.com/ Kendra Broekhuis
http://becomingchristinesmith.com/ Becoming Christine Smith
http://www.cherihartsfield.com/ At Home with Cheri Hartsfield
http://momonassignment.blogspot.com/ Mom on Assignment
http://familyhomeandhealth.com/ Family Home and Health
http://lashandalewismusic.wix.com/lashandalewismusic Lashanda Lewis Music
http://robertgladstone.org/ Heaven Rules
If you chose to accept my nominations, I ask that you answer the following questions and visit this page for the official rules on what to do next.
- What does your name mean?
- What was one of the most defining moment in your life?
- How do most people describe you?
- How do you describe yourself?
- Where would you like to be right now?
- What is the best yes you have received?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Why do you write?
- What makes a day perfect for you?
- What is one of your favorite books?
- What is your favorite song?
Hope you accept the nomination, happy blogging!